Thursday 30 June 2011

Summer Rice Salad

Trying to figure out something different for dinner, I was recently wandering the aisles at my local Bulk Barn and noticed the various rice blends they have available. I grabbed some, just to try. When I got home, it occurred to me that these rice blends would be perfect for a cold, rice salad. Most of the blends available have bulger wheat, wheat berries, lentils, et al. and are just screaming to be chilled with a nice vinaigrette!


I settled on a tabouleh recipe: a simple 1/4 cup of lemon juice and 1/2 cup of olive oil. Mark Bittman recommends using lots of freshly ground pepper. Added some red peppers and cilantro I had on hand and voila! It tastes incredible! Next summer party I am making this because it is SO easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...