Tuesday 26 July 2011

Money as a Wedding Gift

I am attending a wedding this weekend and it sounds like a no gifts affair, as the couple is based in NYC, but getting married in their home province of Alberta.

I was going to buy the lovely couple a gift certificate for Eataly, Mario Batali's Italian version of Whole Foods. They have awesome food and products despite the horrific layout and crowding of people! EEK! But they don't sell gift certificates online (WHY?!?!?!) Actually I don't think they sell gift certificates at all!

Boo - money is so boring. Now I am wondering do I give them Canadian money or American?  And how do you present it in an interesting way? Origami of course!


There are videos on You Tube on how to make a basic heart. I didn't include them here on this blog but they are very simple. In the video above, this heart has a flower in the centre and is a wee bit more difficult. I like this one. If I make this one out of a Canadian fifty, it can be pretty in red. Then I thought about getting some American dollar bills and making some basic hearts. Maybe put them all on a string? If only they could pop out of the card....I'll let you know what I decide on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...