Friday 6 April 2012

Sparkles and Easter Bunnies



Last year, I purchased a bunny cookie cutter at Loblaws and didn't have the time or energy to try it out. It was pretty neat - coming with 3 stencils to use with powdered sugar. Boring! I want sparkles!

For the recipe, I used Nigella Lawson's, 'Cut Out Cookies' from her cookbook, "How to be a Domestic Goddess." I had a bit of trouble figuring out the British measurements and after calculation after calculation, I went to the food network for their adaptation. Sooo much easier!

The reviews on this recipe are mixed. Those who say the recipe tastes like cardboard I think are trying the cookies sans icing or sugar. This is a cookie recipe that is meant for decorating, hence why it is called what it is people!


The trick to make your sparkles stick is to lightly brush them with water. Otherwise they just fall off.


It does help to lightly press them into the surface of the dough too.

Hippity Hop!

I made a little tray for my boyfriend's co-workers and added some "Just Ears" chocolates (the best bit of the bunny) from Walkers Chocolates. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...