Monday 6 August 2012

Attempting: Flowers in the Snow

The scissors come in handy once there is far too many knots.
Ugh! Why do I torture myself?

While I knit, I admit I am not really good at it. No, I do not check my gauge and when I do I don't really understand what I am doing. And even though I can finish a project, I feel like I was in art school - never completely satisfied - knowing I could have done better.

So why do I torture myself? I think I am addicted to it.

Now I am re-teaching myself crochet. I was rather good at it as a child and sadly, picking up the hook again is not anywhere similar to always remembering how to ride a bike.

Bad Point: I don't remember a thing about crochet.

Bad Point: I do remember that I always made my stitches too tight.

Good Point: Crochet is faster and more fulfilling is tempting for the making of Christmas presents.

Good Point: I came across this pattern and loved it sooo much.

Good Point: 'Tis perfect for using up your yarn stash.

Good Point: You only have to pay between $2 - $3 for a hook.

Flowers in the Snow by Solveig Grimstad
Very nordic isn't it? I love the variety of colour and it doesn't look old (which is the problem with many granny square patterns). Fresh! Colour! Hip! Yes, it is all good.

This awesome and free pattern can be found on Ravelry under Solveig, here or you can check out her amazing site here. Trust me you'll want to pick up a hook once you visit.


For now I will be trying to make my circles look like her's. Hmmmm...not happening.....(enter any swear word here).

And another tip: this is the best link I have found for learning how to crochet (so far (-:). Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...