Saturday 17 September 2011

Tomato Sauce: Part Two!

Of the baked tomato sauce that I created, I placed about half aside to make a roasted pepper sauce. Trick is, I don't have a bbq to roast my peppers. I have heard that you can roast them under a broiler or on the flame of your oven. I thought I would try this:


I placed a piece of foil on my coil burner and rested the pepper on top....


...slowly it began to cook and blister....


...and despite how sometimes the pepper would stick to the foil, the results we excellent!

I washed off the skin with water, chopped it into chunks, added it with my tomato sauce to my magic bullet and voila! a really, really awesome sauce. It is so yummy, if you made it in a large enough quantity you could serve it as an incredible soup. Yes, I licked the blades of the bender. No, you shouldn't do that.

Yum yum yum, roasted pepper sauce!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...