Tuesday 2 July 2013

BBQ Sauce Cupcakes (???)

It looked normal. From what I'd been told, someone accidently spilt BBQ sauce on the cupcakes. Didn't look that way to me.

When dessert time came, it was the dare everyone was expected to try a BBQ Sauce Cupcake.

Apparently everyone knew the recipe. I certainly didn't. It was one of those weird, send it to everyone recipes that ends up in your email box. You end up deleting it cause you would never actually make it. This time someone did.

FYI, I never got the email.

In fact, just to write this, I had to troll the net to try and find something that was at least similar to what I ate, for the cupcake I ate had BBQ sauce in the icing AND in the cake.

A slightly smooshed BBQ cupcake.

OKAY HOW WAS IT: at room-temperature it tastes too much of BBQ sauce. Definitely a no and you wouldn't want to eat more than one. Plus, once you get the idea of BBQ sauce in your cupcake, you can't really get past that.

I was the only one up to taking home the leftovers and was happy to find out that the BBQ sauce taste was much milder when cold. It was rather tasty but not something I would ever bake.

I get the idea. Like spicy, Mexican hot chocolate, I can see what the creator was aiming for. But the garlic and onion in BBQ sauce sort of kills the appreciation, ya know?

If you would like to try it, you can view an similar recipe here. But my cupcake definitely did not have honey BBQ sauce in it. More like a Kraft smokey something or other.

On a related note: if this is your thing, you may also like to try this toothpaste:


This Monkey brand toothpaste comes from India. It uses charcoal to get your teeth white! Oh and has some interesting flavours like, uh, garlic. You can view the fabulous taste test (!!!LOL!!!) or purchase it from Smallflower, an amazing health product store online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...