Sunday 14 July 2013

Foodie trips I would like to do in the GTA!

I hate summer. There, I said it. But the summer is a ripe time for traveling around and trying some new spots I have yet to venture to. Perhaps you may like to travel too! So here is my list:

1. Plaza Latina

This pick comes from the Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance.
Who knew there was such a thing?
For their foodie trips click here.

I first heard of this place through a co-worker. Within the same week, Sara Elton reported about it on CBC radio (coincidence???). Apparently a visit is like visiting South America and Mexico, with locals saying it is a "taste of home," with traditional foods and spices you cannot find elsewhere in Toronto. Will take pics when I go! I promise!

2. The Farmer's Market at the Evergreen Brick Works

This former industrial site has many treasures,
and no I haven't experienced a single one! So it is
on my to-do list. Check 'em out here

The Evergreen Brickworks has long been rumoured to be one of the best farmer's markets in Toronto. A nice little write up in Toronto Life introduced me to this old brick factory. My parent's have visited the Garlic Festival (they say it is wonderful though pricey) and I have been told parking is a nightmare (so use the TTC).

Just visiting the website, I see they have a Wild Blueberry Festival in August. Hmmm!!! That sounds pretty awesome to me!

3. The Danish Pastry House (Mississauga)

This pic comes from Mimi's Cake Tour Blog here.
Her review is pretty darn stunning!

Looking out of the window on the GO Train, I spotted this little Danish flag out of the corner of my eye. Another day, another chance to look at what the place was. Lucky me - what I saw was a bakery! Danishes come from Denmark and according to my friend, they are experts in the art of pastry. And WOW the website looks wonderful. Drool on over here.

4. Dim Sum at the Mississauga Chinese Centre



Uh, one day I got lost in T.O. and was living on a rural Dundas Road near Burlington. I landed on Dundas and took the looooong way home. What the hell, right? Just happened that an emerald wall with dragons on it threw me for a loop. A strip mall with a really beautiful wall? Huh?

I guess I missed the decorative gate leading to the driveway of the plaza, I was just so struck by the pretty wall. Doing research, I missed the fact that the mall is a large(?) 100, 000 square feet (according to the website).

While it seemed tiny to me, I think I must pay a visit back. I have asked around to find out details of this mall and have found out it is a great place for Dim Sum. Wanna try? check out the website here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...