Wednesday 3 July 2013

Taste Test: Crazy Uncle Basil, Lime, and Honey Pre-Mixed Cocktail

Had to pick up some beer for a kind neighbour who lets us use his BBQ without accepting money for the propane. Good neighbours are the best! I saw this sitting on the shelf at the L.C.B.O. I love lime and Tom Collins are my drink of choice.

So I picked it up...


Love the Bottle!
Hmmm. I am not much of a drinker per-se. I could not taste the basil nor the honey and unfortunately, the lime was overpowered by the sweetness of SUGAR. Weeeeee it is sweeeeeeet! You'd think it is sweet mix!

To finish my glass I added some water to it and it drastically improved the flavour to the point that I would recommend Crazy Uncle. It's quite tasty and natch, I like the lime.

Then, ONLY THEN, did I read the label....



"Pour over ice straight or lightened with soda water"

Hmm. No kidding. Gonna buy that soda water!

Don't know if I like having to read the label before I drink my drink. Requires work. Humph )-:

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen this product before. Where in the LCBO did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can find Crazy Uncle in the pre-mix liquor section of the store - also they have it near the summer time drink product islands. They also have another named Spiced Cola Bitters and Mint Julep that looks rather good...!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...