Wednesday 6 June 2012

Royal Jubilee Love

I loved the Royal Jubilee celebrations of the past weekend. Perhaps it is because I am Canadian and we simply lack pride in ourselves. We lack knowledge of our history, don't fund our museums, sadly lack in the promotion of our culture. We suffer from low self esteem. Parts of me like the fact that we don't wave our flag in the faces of others. Plus I am really happy that we don't have those plastic eagles that are on many an American garage.

I am a monarchist with reservations. I am sentimental too. Remember the British street parties? I love the idea. Nowadays we have a lack of community. How sad Canadians consider a gathering to be around a BBQ and a bottle of beer.


I love how the Brits revived the tradition for the Jubilee! There is something classy about bunting too!

From the Telegraph - an attempt at the longest street party!
BUT THE BOATS! How awesome was that?!?! Did you see this with the Royals? Check out from 1.33 on. You will how they bop along with the music. How could you not LOVE THIS?



NOW ARE YOU READY TO EXPLODE IN DELIGHT? In searching for this video on Youtube, I found this absolutely charming video of a community in Little Aston, England. They decided to have a Boat Pageant despite how the village does not have a river. They also recreated the vintage flair, having teas, street parties and concerts.

Now get ready to squeal! My favourites are the little boats, the portholes with the royals faces and the undertakers!!! LOL!!!



Yup its official. I want to move to Little Aston!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...