Thursday 18 August 2011

Finally Vietnamese Coffee!

Ever since my first experience at a Vietnamese restaurant, I have wanted a vietnamese coffee filter. I can't tell you how many Chinese restaurant stores I have looked in trying to find this little guy. Where did I get it? My Mom and Dad found it in Tin Tin Alley in Vancouver's Chinatown. Tin Tin Market, actually. For only $4.99!

Today I tried it out.

The instructions.
One trick when you are making iced coffee is to use BIG ice cubes
otherwise they melt with the hot coffee dripping on them.
Duh.
Now for those who have never experienced the joy of a yummy Vietnamese Coffee, let me explain what it is and how you can make it without the filter. The white of the glass is Condensed Milk - the sweet stuff like Eaglebrand. You don't need much. Add some ice cubes and make some expresso. Stir and ZIP ZIP ZIPPY DO DAH YOU WILL BE WIRED LIKE I AM NOW! Woot! Woot!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...